Entry #1: Ups and downs

Soccer Ball Heart Love Cartoon Vector Icons Illustration. Flat Cartoon  Concept. Suitable for any creative project. 12732196 Vector Art at Vecteezy

    It all started since I was little, I was determined to be an athlete. Most 
specifically, I wanted to play soccer. Being born and raised here in Arizona it was easy to get into a club, the hard part was staying on the team. I didn't struggle much though, thankfully I was able to join a team that wanted me and from there I learned and grew. I am from a hispanic background so the stereotype was either play soccer or work for the family business or for some kind of hard labor job. Thankfully, I've always had a great support system from my family and with having a family business, I always had an option to go work when I needed some money. So growing up was a good process, club soccer was great and I was thriving. Up until high school came around, I fell in love with the game of football. I am blessed to say I came out of the wound being an athlete so playing other sports came naturally. That being said, I was pretty good at football so I gave it try and fell in love. 

    Going into high school I was still playing club soccer but football was becoming more of a priority. A coach came around and said that focusing on football would pay off and I was looking towards playing D1 football so I dropped soccer completely. I was so sure it would work out both ways and since I also played soccer, kicker was another opportunity that opened up on the football field. Everything was going great, I was ready for my junior year and I trained really hard but COVID came out of no where. It ended our season and I didn't get a chance to play at all that year. Eventually the pandemic cooled down but a whole year was stripped away from me and not only that but it felt like a lifetime since I played on the field against other players. I was frustrated with the region I was in because they held us back from playing so I transferred schools my senior season. I did not want to take the chance of that happening again. At this new school I did not play my main position but I was able to see the field and I had a chance to also play kicker. As everything was looking great and things were going my way, my season was once again cut short because of an injury. I tore my mcl on the first game and I was destroyed emotionally and mentally. All this hard work and time just felt like a waste and I was torn apart. Luckily, I had a good time recovering doing physical therapy and it taught me a great message. First off, all things come at different times and sometimes we have no other choice but to take the hits. Biggest thing you have to ask yourself though, are you going to stay knocked out on the ground or are you going to take the hit and get back up stronger than ever. 
    
Never give up GIF on GIFER - by Brightshaper
By Jesus G.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practice Blog